Wednesday 4 September 2013

Member Missionary Work

Member Missionary Work

I've talked about it before, but I found something funny today about member missionary work.

Me and my companion were investigating into community service and I found a post card that made me laugh. I related it to member missionary work. Don't think mental health, think about talking to friends about the gospel.


 

As missionaries, we understand that it can be hard to talk to friends about the gospel. I would say - don't think about it as what we do on the streets. You aren't there to tell them about Joseph Smith receiving the priesthood on the Susquehanna river (unless they ask I suppose!). You want to aim at sharing with them when they're having a hard time with wayward kids about the youth programs in the church. Perhaps to speak about the spirit world when they grieve the loss of their loved ones. 


In whatever you do, remember that the best way to help someone understand the gospel is by making it part of everyday life and likening truth you know to questions they have. You don't have to be a doctrinal wizard, you merely need to testify of what the principle means to you and how it has changed your life.

Best of luck, try look for these opportunities this week :)


If you'd like to recieve a weekly uplifting email similar to this, feel free to subscribe your email here!
or go to goo.gl/zgwpx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About me!


My name is Glen Atkinson, I am from Harrogate, Yorkshire, England. I am serving as a missionary in the furthest south of the country. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and every day I try to uplift peoples lives a little at a time.

Please share any post with your friends, and uplift their day too!

Add me on Facebook too!