Tuesday 9 July 2013

The Family is of God



Something I wanted to share about this week is the family. I think it's very important to consider the lesson taught by 'The Family: A Proclamation to the World'.

When we think about the way we are as people, we cannot help but think that it is the way we were raised that has one of the biggest influences in our behavior, our attitude, even our thoughts. It's a good thing to live positively and happily, and that starts by how we think and act. If we want to be happy, we can do a lot to get there. There's a lot to be said for people who go through life looking at the downside of things rather than the upside; glass half-empty people.

I think about the way I was raised as a kid. I know that my parents reflected upon the words taught in the referenced proclamation. It teaches how we are all created in God's image and we are all his children. It teaches how we can inherit eternal life; in fact it is our destiny to do so. It tells of how important every single human life is. It shares the importance of marriage and having a husband and wife lead the family.

I am grateful for my parents example of sticking through it even during hard times, and their teachings supporting this proclamation that I personally had divine worth. They never gave up on me, and always supported me and encouraged me to do good things with my life. I felt love as they told me that I had a Father in heaven that loved me more than anybody else, and more than I could possibly imagine. This has caused me to always reflect back on what they have said, and be able to link that concept and fact to every decision I make.

I know that I am not just someone, but everything, to God.



Watch this video talking about the important 
responsibility of raising children in Faith.
Parents need to work together to bring the best out
of their children, and help them reach their full potential.

Click to watch, and please share with friends!


If you'd like to recieve a weekly uplifting email similar to this, feel free to subscribe your email here!
or go to goo.gl/zgwpx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About me!


My name is Glen Atkinson, I am from Harrogate, Yorkshire, England. I am serving as a missionary in the furthest south of the country. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and every day I try to uplift peoples lives a little at a time.

Please share any post with your friends, and uplift their day too!

Add me on Facebook too!