Tuesday 30 July 2013

Give Thanks Daily

Alma 34:38

Take upon you the name of Christ...
...live in the spirit of thanksgiving daily, 
for the many mercies and blessings which he doth 
bestow upon you.


I am trying at the moment to develop charity. I have realised this week a lot more of what charity is. Charity is essentially pure love, in the way that Christ would love somebody. When we do things for others without realising that it's either tasking our time and effort or other resources, and not minding it, it is an act of charity. 

I've always tried to be charitable by finding ways to do good, which of course is good, but I feel just as richly when I realise that what I am doing constantly for another is charitable living. When we develop an attitude of gratitude, we see the good in more and more people, and selflessly serve.

It's more often than not the small and simple things which we can be grateful for which help our perspective change. God has done so much for us in sending Christ for all men to be forgiven through. I hope each day I can recognise the small ways Christ's gift to me has blessed not only my life, but the lives of others I meet and serve.

 This video teaches us the things each day
we can be grateful for, and how that
brings happiness in hard times and in good.

"We should thank the Lord God in all things"


If you'd like to recieve a weekly uplifting email similar to this, feel free to subscribe your email here!
or go to goo.gl/zgwpx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About me!


My name is Glen Atkinson, I am from Harrogate, Yorkshire, England. I am serving as a missionary in the furthest south of the country. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and every day I try to uplift peoples lives a little at a time.

Please share any post with your friends, and uplift their day too!

Add me on Facebook too!