Tuesday 4 June 2013

Open the Door


On LDS.org, finding Revelations chapter 3 has the header, right before it begins with scripture: 


He who overcomes will retain his name in the book of life, reach godhood, and be with Jesus as He is with the Father.

This is good information to remember, as Christians we know that we will be saved because of the Savior of the world, Jesus Christ. To overcome in this sense we can take to mean overcoming temptations, sin, all things negative and indeed things evil. Google provides with suggestions of what the word "overcome" might mean:
  • Succeed in dealing with
  • Defeat; prevail
What do these mean? I understand them to mean that through overcoming sin, which of course is only possible through the Savior, we are succeeding in fulfilling God's plan and vision for us - to become happy, to gain eternal life. Also to defeat sin is interesting visually, in our lives we can defeat sin through prayer, scripture study, and all the good stuff we've been taught from being young, and even are still being taught today.

20 verses in there is a very informative scripture:

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him...

I find this part of the verse very important - back to what I said a second ago about defeating Sin, we must first open the door (so to speak) between us and the Savior, before we can be with him. Letting him in is very important, it is essentially allowing change in our lives, and helping us to overcome troubles and trials we have every day. Until we open the door, as a famous painting by Warner Sallman and many others have depicted, we cannot overcome the mountains in our life that are too often too hard to climb.

I know that strength comes from an unseen source, when we humbly open the door to the Savior in our lives.

Mountains to Climb is a humbling video about how the Savior 
gives strength through all of our hard times, if we open to him.

Click to watch, and please share with friends!



If you'd like to recieve a weekly uplifting email similar to this, feel free to subscribe your email here!
or go to goo.gl/zgwpx




0 comments:

Post a Comment

About me!


My name is Glen Atkinson, I am from Harrogate, Yorkshire, England. I am serving as a missionary in the furthest south of the country. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and every day I try to uplift peoples lives a little at a time.

Please share any post with your friends, and uplift their day too!

Add me on Facebook too!