Tuesday 18 June 2013

Choose the Right




In our Church, there is a phrase that has become very common and well known over the years - "Choose the Right". It's so well known, that many people wear rings with "CTR" on it (standing for Choose the Right), a small reminder that impacts decisions to live better daily.


As a child I remember getting really angry with my parents at an LDS shop which sold lots of churchy things, including lots of styles of CTR rings. I thought they were awesome, and particularly liked the look of one of them. Being the child I was, I would not quit until I got it (never mind it was an adult size, and about £75!), and so I blew the store down whining for about 20 minutes. They said I couldn't have it, tried to show their case, but I wouldn't give up until we left the store, and I had nothing at all, despite my brothers and sisters getting stuff.

Just a year ago I went to a similar shop down in the south where I live now, looking at these rings again. I was reminded of this story, and chuckled a bit! Despite not getting the ring I wanted, I got a different one later; and I always remembered the phrase, Choose the Right, which I know this impacted my life.


I now understand that each day when I choose the right, I am getting closer and closer to happiness, and our Father in Heaven. It's not about setting a goal of perfection and then striving to do it, it's about improving a little each day, and being happy with reaching the goals set.



Here's a great video about Jeremy. He believes
each persons life is important to God, 
and it's important what we personally do each day.

Click to watch, and please share with friends!




If you'd like to recieve a weekly uplifting email similar to this, feel free to subscribe your email here!
or go to goo.gl/zgwpx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About me!


My name is Glen Atkinson, I am from Harrogate, Yorkshire, England. I am serving as a missionary in the furthest south of the country. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and every day I try to uplift peoples lives a little at a time.

Please share any post with your friends, and uplift their day too!

Add me on Facebook too!